The interdisciplinary curriculum of the Biomedical Imaging programme covers a broad spectrum of state-of-the-art knowledge in biomedical imaging. Students gain excellent theoretical and practical skills in a wide range of imaging techniques and applications, as well as image analysis.
The studies provide students with strong knowledge either in cell biology, anatomy and physiology, nanomedicine or biophysics – depending on the area of imaging specialization. Students gain an understanding of the use of multimedia in scientific contexts, and excellent academic writing skills are emphasized. Students work in a highly international biomedical research and learning environment.
Career or after graduation opportunities
The programme aims to train the future experts of imaging and image analysis experfor the increasing demands of both imaging related basic and medical research, as well as imaging core facility personnel.
The programme provides excellent possibilities for a career in life sciences, e.g.:
- continue as postgraduate students to pursue a career as scientist
- work in core facility management
- work in science administration nationally or internationally
- work in hospital research laboratory
- industry and industrial research
- work in imaging network management