The Master's Degree Programme in Gender Studies provides you with advanced training in the field of gender studies. The programme gathers students and faculty broadly from social sciences, humanities and arts to develop innovative ways of expanding knowledge on gender, sexuality and racialisation in local, historical, cross-cultural and transnational contexts.
Career or after graduation opportunities
This internationally-linked programme is especially suited for students aiming at careers in:
- national and international research
- national and international politics
- equal opportunities policies
- human rights institutions and organisations in private and public sectors, as well as in non-governmental organisations and civil society
- arts, writing and media careers
The gender studies programme teaches written and oral communication skills, collaborative work skills and skills to critically examine power relationships.
The programme is organised in co-operation with the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University.