The Master's Degree Programme in Information Technology (IMPIT) offers an international Master's degree in IT at European standards. In two years of full-time study, the programme aims to have most of its students employed by a Finnish ICT company when they graduate. By providing a platform for concentrating on research, students have good possibilities to continue in our PhD programme. Joining the available research groups is an open possibility during a student's Master's studies.
IMPIT IN A NUTSHELL
- High-quality education, internationally accepted diploma
- State-of-the-art learning and research environment
- Easy living in a safe but international environment
- Generous tuition fee waivers and living cost allowances available
- Possibilities for exchange studies and internships at companies
- Good employment prospects
Career or after graduation opportunities
The School of Computing cooperates actively with local IT companies, and some companies offer internship and thesis placements for students. Thus, many IMPIT students have found a job before graduation. Representatives of companies come to visit the IMPIT seminar every year. Examples of occupational titles of IMPIT graduates: Senior Software Engineer, Quality Assurance Manager, Senior Specialist, Senior Software Consultant, Business Analyst.
Students have lately found internships and projects for ax example in the following companies: Arbonaut, Arcusys, Blancco, CGI, InterNations, Rovio, KeyPro, Olympus, and Specim.